Updated October 2, 2020
Please read our most recent update to Wisconsin’s gradual adoption of new business practices for Outdoor Recreation and Campgrounds that reflect the evolving reality of the COVID-19 pandemic while taking the necessary precautions to maximize safety.
Dear Family Campers:
We will continue to update this page regularly to keep you up to date on your camping experience for 2020 at Indian Trails Campground.
We are committed to following the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) published “Reopening Guidelines” specific to our business. We utilize the support and direction of the Wisconsin Association of Campground Owners (WACO), which has been working very closely with the Division of Food and Recreational Safety at the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection.
We are open for daily/overnight campsite customers and our seasonal site customers.
What is expected of our guests per the (WEDC) published “Reopening Guidelines”?
- Beginning Thursday, July 30th 2020 we ask all customers to respect the statewide order to wear face masks inside all buildings. Face masks are required in the store, bathrooms, game room, and poolvilion. Masks are not required while swimming in the indoor pool.
- For our daily/overnight site guests, we can provide curbside check-in, or you may come in the office to pick up your car pass, sign your receipt and waivers, and receive your check-in packet.
- Seasonal customers must check-in using one of three options: the CampersApp (Android or iPhone), come in the office when the office is open, or leave a note in the white mailbox in front of the office if checking in after hours. Please come to the office sometime after your arrival to pick up your information & activities packet. Check-in is required by statute per Wisconsin Campground code ATCP 79.13.
- Follow social distancing requirements of at least 6 feet between all individuals to the maximum extent possible.
- Only one family household may occupy a site, with a limit for any campsite to 9 people. No more than 9 people around a campfire.
- Visitors will be allowed; however, no more than 9 people are allowed to be registered on a campsite in total as overnight guests plus day visitors.
- All other private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited.
- Please bring trash bags, food, and supplies with you from your home to avoid unnecessary trips to local stores.
- Gas up before leaving home to avoid stopping at local gas stations.
- We ask our guests to be open to spreading out whenever possible, leaving empty sites between neighbors.
- Guests are advised to use the shower and bathrooms in their camping units if so equipped.
- You must position your camping unit on the campsite assigned to you with a minimum of 10ft between camping units per Wisconsin Campground code ATCP 79.13. You may not arrange a group of RVs in a wagon-train, horseshoe shape, semi-circle, or overlapping sites. Please use the gravel pad if the site has one. Please, no outdoor carpet on the grass.
- Our management team has had to remind guests to follow the rules and would prefer that everyone just cooperate with the program and show your support for the safety and health of all our guests.
- Every guest becomes part of the camping experience of all the other guests in the campground. Please abide by all guidelines and rules, and everyone will have a wonderful camping experience.
What is OPEN under the (WEDC) published “Reopening Guidelines”?
- Indoor swimming pool. Capacity reduced to 20 people (33% rated capacity). On busy days, the indoor pool will be open for 1-hour sessions for up to 20 people and then closed for 15 minutes while our staff sanitizes the pool area and furniture. You may sign up for a one-hour session when the store opens at 9:00 am each morning for that day only. An adult must do the sign up by site number, only for those registered at your site. On busy days, sessions begin at 9:00 am, 10:15 am, 11:30 pm, 12:45 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:15 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:45 pm, 7:00 pm
- Outdoor swimming pools. Capacity reduced to 120 people (65% of rated capacity due to the extra-large deck). On busy days, the outdoor pools will be open for 1-hour and 30-minute sessions of swimming and then closed for 15 minutes while our staff sanitizes the pool area and furniture. On busy days, you may sign up for a 1-hour and 30-minute session when the outdoor pool opens at 9:30 am for that day only. An adult must do the sign up by site number, only for those registered at your site. Please do not move tables.
- All four Playgrounds. Use it at your discretion.
- Arrowhead Adventure 18 Hole Miniature golf
- Boat rentals on the 15-acre fishing lake – Kayak(2-hour minimum), Canoe(2-hour minimum), Rowboat (2-hour minimum), Paddleboat (2-hour minimum)
- Bathhouses and showers will be open and cleaned/sanitized per CDC recommended protocol and schedule.
- The restaurant will be open for takeout orders only. Outdoor seating is available. Indoor seating is not available at this time.
- The store will be open for firewood, groceries, and other necessary supplies. Face masks are required. The store will be limited per the WEDC guidelines to 12 customers at a time, for ages 14 or older. Children age 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Single-track mountain bike trail.
- BMX bike course.
- Game room. Face masks are required. The game room has been moved to the Waterwheel shed, where games are spaced 6ft apart and sanitized regularly.
- Bike rentals
- Basketball – no more than 10 people on the court at a time from a single-family unit.
- Volleyball– no more than 10 people on the court at a time from a single-family unit.
- Gagaball – no more than 10 people on the court at a time from a single-family unit.
- Softball/whiffle ball diamond
- Indoor & outdoor movies. You must bring your own chairs for indoor movies. Please comply with social distancing guidelines of 6 ft between household groups. The poolvilion doors and windows will be opened to make it an open-air experience as much as possible and face masks are required. The maximum household group size allowed should be six people.
- Hiking trails in the campground.
- Inflatable toys in the swimming pond. Please comply with social distancing guidelines of 6 ft between household groups.
- Three miles of hiking trails at the Waterfowl Production Area across the street.
- Big Dog Bark Park – Gloves are recommended to open the gate.
- Small Dog Bark Park – Gloves are recommended to open the gate.
- Fishing in the 15-acre fishing lake is allowed from shore. Bait is available in the camp store.
- Fishing in the 15-acre fishing lake from your personal boat or rental boat.
- Take a river trip on the Fox River if you launch your own boat and do a self-pickup at the DNR landing.
- Stargazing, relaxing with family, cozy campfires, the sound of sandhill cranes & frogs, jumping in puddles if it rains, playing cards or games with your family, telling stories around the campfire and making priceless memories.
What is temporarily closed, per the (WEDC) published “Reopening Guidelines”?
- Fox River canoe & kayak trips.
Reservations & Cancelations:
A prepayment for reservations is required as we will be doing express curbside/check-in with your packet of info and car pass.
We will place your health and safety above all other considerations. Please help us all out and show each other that we all want to get back to normal as soon as possible and that campgrounds are respectfully supporting the (WEDC) published “Reopening Guidelines.” We hope all our campers and their families remain safe and healthy.
Myrna & Dave, Tiffany & Matt